I believe

I believe in life and love

19/12/2011

Pulau Weh, 0 km of Indonesia Part 1

The view on the way to Iboih
 I always want to go to Pulau Weh, I have heard that is a beautiful island and last September 2011 I finally take the ferry boat from Banda Aceh, Ulee Lhee Harbour to Balohan Harbour, Pulau Weh. Pulau Weh Located at the Nothern Part of Sumatra, part of Aceh Province in Andaman Sea.

Gapang Beach
I went there from Banda Aceh with motorcycle and it took me 2 hours by ferry boat to arrive at the harbour, there stop in down town Sabang, they then suggest us to stay at Iboih. Actually would like to stayed at Sumur Tiga but that time the area is full because of the sailing event. From down town to iboih by motorcycle takes you about 30 minutes.

View from my Cottage at Iboih
Below picture is taken right at my balcony in Teupin Layeu (Iboih) . I wished I can stay there longer, the rate is pretty cheap, I got special rate on USD17.5nett per night, rate is without breakfast. I just stayed there for a night due I have to go back to Banda Aceh in next day, that time the tide was high and we were afraid the harbour will be closed like a day before we were in Sabang. The room itselves is pretty basic, there was an iron bed with mattress and mosquito net, wood floor, the bathroom was clean, that is the most important thing to me. Well for the price like that with the view like this, I dont mind at all.






Satay Guri
At Iboih there were Internet Center and Cafes, most with western food. So in the afternoon we decided to explore the food in the Sabang City down town. We then went to Jalan Perdagangan that is famous with the local food, tried Mie rebus, is a simple noodle with boiled scramble egg and it was nice, the place was full of local as well. After the Mie rebus we decided to continue to the food court, we tried Sate Gurita, it was an octopus satay, it was delicious and so fresh. At the end we went to the minimarket near by for some mineral water and the famous Pia Sabang, cake with green bean inside. After the dinner we decided to ride around the town, passing Pantai kasih and surround. After that we called the night and go back to the cottage.

Sunrise
We woke up early in the morning, the sun was arise right in front of the our balcony. The morning there was so beautiful and  freshing. I really love laying on my hammock and enjoying the morning sun touching my skin.

We were planning to do some snorkling but I felt it was too early and the water still cold for me then we decided to go to 0km Indonesia first that is located 8 km from our cottage. It takes about 10 minutes to go there, the road was very empty, we were up to the hill, passing the sea view and forestry, also militarypoint.                                                                                                                                                                     

Signage to 0km nearby our cottage area

The road to 0km
When we arrived there the monument area was like an abandon place. Too bad as it could be prettier. The monument and big stones there are damaged by unresponsible people writing their names on it. It looks very unartistic and I was so angry with them to ruin the place like that but the place left with no guard and also no entrance fee.I


Monumen 0 Km Indonesia
view of Andaman Sea, at the tip of West Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment